Support from family and friends who visit can be an important part of a recovery program. However, some patients may not be ready to accept visitors. Safety of our patients, guests and staff is something we take very seriously. We ask that visitors help us follow these safety precautions:
1. Visiting is strongly discouraged during the first 24 hours of admission as patients are settling into the new environment.
2. Our visiting hours are 7 pm to 9 pm Monday thru Friday. On Saturday, Sunday and Holidays these hours are 1 pm to 3 pm.
3. It is strongly encouraged to call ahead of time, especially if you are coming from a long distance or are planning to visit outside the normal times listed above. The phone number for the AIU is 360-377-8581. If a patient is not ready for a visit, or the visit outside the scheduled time is likely to disrupt the program, then the visit may have to be rescheduled. By calling ahead, this may save you the trip.
4. Please be advised for safety reasons, we do reserve the right to check anything and any persons entering the unit. This may include the use of a security wand.
5. We do provide lockers outside the unit for things like coats, cell phones and purses, however, we strongly suggest that you leave your belongings locked up in your own car and hidden from view.
6. It must be explicitly understood that visitors do not give any items to a patient without prior clearance from staff. This includes money, food, clothing etc.
7. Younger visitors and/or those that might be deemed as vulnerable will be using only areas that can be closely monitored by staff to ensure safety
If you have any questions regarding the general treatment program, feel free to ask staff. Questions regarding a particular patient’s treatment or progress are limited by confidentiality requirements and are best addressed by the patient’s primary therapist.